Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tea Tree Toner Review

Hey girls! I'm so sorry it took me so long to post a review on the toner; but i really wanted to try this out for more than just a week so i can get down to all the pros and cons of it. let me start off by saying that MY SKIN HAS IMPROVED SO DAMN MUCH!!! but there are some warnings. let me start by telling you guys what the products used were.



I first started out with the witch hazel astringent. honestly, i didn't like the smell of this; so i used it for like a day and then decided it wasn't for me. it didn't smell; it just....its more of a preference thing. i heard it works very well; but i preferred the astringent that i was using before; regardless all astringents work the same; they just smell different and have different brands.





i decided to go with the sea breeze "sensitive skin" astringent because i have been using this one for over a couple of months and its pretty good. i have super sensitive skin; and it irritates over anything, so i rather stick with this if its working.

so my next step was the tea tree oil; if you wanna know more about this read the previous post where i get more into the benefits of tea tree oil. the trick to this is getting the RIGHT ratio of tea tree oil and toner. if your more than half way done with the bottle, you don't want to add too much. and if the toner is new; you don't want to add too little. tea tree oil is VERY STRONG!!! so be careful how much you add!! it took me 3 attempts to get the right amount! so i basically had to mix 3 different toners. the first one with the witch hazel was too strong. the second one with the sea breeze was a little too strong as well. the last attempt was the best. here's the deal; if you use too much tea tree it can give you a chemical burn!! SO BE REALLY CAREFUL! if it is a full; new bottle of toner; DO NOT ADD MORE THAN 8 DROPS!!! i know its very tempting to want to add more BUT trust me tea tree is so strong that just 8 drops will do the job!! so once again, DONT SURPASS 8 DROPS!! the next warning: DO NOT APPLY MORE THAN ONCE AT A TIME!! this was my mistake! i would take one cotton ball and clean my face with it; and then i would do it a second time to "make sure it was clean". DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOTTTTT DO THIS!! your skin cant handle two swipes of this stuff. i got a chemical burn from it and my face turned ALL RED!! it was the worst; so let me chemical burn be a lesson to you guys!! other than that lets move on to the actual review!!




after my chemical burn i stopped using the tea tree toner for a couple of days until my skin came back to normal. the chemical burn suckeddddd lol; so let that be a lesson to you guys. after it was back to normal i took my artistry toner; and put 8 drops of tea tree oil. trust me 8 drops does the trick. ALWAYS make sure you shake well before using so that the oil can mix with the toner. I SAW A DIFFERENCE IN JUST TWO DAYS!!! tea tree is AMAZING FOR SKIN IF YOU USE TO WISELY!! i highly recommend this stuff!! as long as you use it in moderation i guarantee you will see a change in your skin!!


along with using this toner, and putting vitamin E oil in my moisturizer; i recommend buying an aloe Vera plant! i cut off a piece and put it on either once or twice a day. not only did it help with my chemical burn(if you do get a chemical burn from over use of tea tree i HIGHLY RECOMMEND A ALOE VERA PLANT); but it also helps with the actual appearance of your skin!!

so the trick to better skin? 1. find a good cleanser 2. add 8 drops of tea tree to your toner 3. dont abuse the tea tree oil 4. add vitamin E to your face lotion 5. aloe Vera plant !!! this has SAVED my life guys! i cant explain how bad it sucks to have bad skin out of no where. my esteem was floor level high; i barely wanted to go out. it was horrible!! im going to stick with this regime because its truly working; and everyone has noticed and has been asking me what im using!!

1 comment:

  1. Also if you use tea tree oil just to rub on a single pimple, it also works well. Just like you, I learned the hard way that you can't rub tea tree oil on your face with a cotton ball O_O. Wow that was painful omg lol. So now I just take a q-tip and dab it on the pimple. Do it for a few days & it should be gone. Aloe vera is also good for treating and also preventing sun burns too!

    ReplyDelete