Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The body shop seaweed ionic clay mask review

Product: Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

Brand: The Body Shop


Price: 22.00

What does this do?: "A deep-cleansing mask treatment with algae extracts and combined natural ionic clay action to draw impurities from the pores and absorb excess oil. Enriched with minerals to condition and revitalise the skin." - The Body Shop

Rating: 2/5

My review: im not gonna lie i was soooo excited to use this because i have heard that sea weed is good for your skin; and combined in a clay mask i figured it would do wonders. one thing that's annoying about this is that the instructions don't tell you how long to leave it on for so i guess you just have to...guess. right when i put it on it started to tingle which i figured to be a good thing. i could literally feel it working in my pore. after like 5 minutes with it on; my face started BURNING! it was no longer a tingle lol. it was so bad that i had to get something to blow my face with air. i soldiered it and kept it on for about 10 minutes and ran to get it off. it felt fine after i took it off; but after i let my skin air out for a while before i put my lotion on; i noticed that my skin felt really irritated! i know your thinking maybe that's part of the clearing your face part; BUT your skin shouldn't feel irritated! i gave this product such a low rating because i honestly feel its not worth the 22 dollars! there are way cheaper masks that work way better and don't leave your skin feeling the way this did. its different for everyone; but ask for me; i will not be using this product again. not worth my money; or ruining my skin over. and to top it off this morning i woke up and my skin was still irritated! me giving it two stars was nice of me lol. i suggest before you spend 22$ on it; ask them for a sample and try it on your face first!

1 comment:

  1. SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME!!!! i thought seaweed was good so i tried it + i have sensetive skin i was such an idiot!!! i had amazing skin and now its all bumpy and dry and its awful. and im soooo depressed right now! GOD I HATE THE BODY SHOP!!! and the thing doesnt have instructions or ingredients on it!

    ReplyDelete